Don’t think for a minute you can get away with jeans and a tee – this occasion calls for high voltage glamour!
Whether you are being wined and dined by a new admirer or a long-time love, the objective remains the same. Follow my tips below, and you will be well on your way to wooing your place on a (faux) bearskin rug in front of an open fireplace…
Here are Alex Perry’s Valentines Day Ideas:
1. No matter where the date is, invest in a great little black dress. The sexiest dress possible is your best weapon – make sure it is lower cut in the neckline, or with a shorter hemline, to show off your best – ahem – assets.
2. Beautiful lingerie is a fabulous investment so splurge on the good stuff. This is the one occasion you can pack away the girdles and waist cinchers. Bring out the best push-up bra you can find with the sexiest lacy knickers to match. Colour? Red [or black] is the new black on Valentine’s Day.
3. Pop on your strappiest stilettos. It is a proven glamour fact – the higher the heels the closer to date nirvana.
4. Bikini wax – need I say more?
5. Freshly blow dried hair, worn loose and tussled, is your most glamorous accessory.
6. Wear a kissable nude shade of lip gloss that tastes good too! Keep your make-up light and dewy, with a sultry smokey eye and lashings of mascara.
7. Glow! Velvety touchable skin is always glamorous, so buff to super smooth and apply a light, shimmery body gloss.
8. A light workout before the big date will get your endorphins going, making you look radiant and feel confident.
9. Don’t drink too much – champagne bubbles are sexy and glamorous. A drunk date is not!
10. Giggle – whether the date is a casual walk along the beach, or a fine dining extravagance, with a new beau or old … flirt, relax and have fun. There is nothing more glamorous than two people falling in love.
And now that you have amped up the glamour, you should at least cop a pash before reaching the restaurant. Just remember to re-apply the gloss!
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.