To celebrate the launch of three new delicious Quorn products, former My Kitchen Rules duo and the team behind The Butcher and Farmer, Will Stewart and Steve Flood, teamed up with Quorn to create the ultimate vegan burger.
The latest innovations from Quorn include the new Vegan Gourmet Burger, Lemon & Black Pepper Crumbed Fish Free Fillets and Battered Fish Free Fillets. The Quorn Vegan Gourmet Burger is a burger experience that boasts a thick cut with a quarter-pounder taste with no compromise on look, taste and texture, meaning going meat free is easier and more delicious than ever.
The number of Australian adults adopting a flexitarian or vegetarian diet are steadily increasing, with the latest figures 1 showing that 2.1 million, or 11.2% of the population follow an all or mostly all vegetarian diet. Will and Steve say, “We are aware there is a need for all of us to live a more sustainable life, and one way to do this is through reducing our meat intake. Whether you’re looking to go meat-free for environmental or health reasons, the Quorn Vegan Gourmet Burger and Fish-Free Fillets are great alternatives that also tastes delicious.
“Our Bae-con Double-Dip Cheese ‘Burger’ is great for people wanting to go meat-free without compromising on the meat taste and texture of a burger.”
Bae-con Double-Dip Cheese ‘Burger’
Ingredients (in order of build, from the bottom up):
– 80g Vegan Semi-Brioche Bun with Sesame Seeds
– 30g Aioli (60/40 kewpi no egg mayo, garlic toum)
– 10g Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
– 1 Vegan Gourmet Burger (Quorn)
– 90g Vegan Bacon
– 15g Caraway Garlic Dill Pickles
– 30g Mustard Ketchup (60/40 tomato ketchup, American mustard)
– Semi-Brioche Bun
– 80g Vegan Squeezy Cheese
– 30ml olive oil
1. Thinly slice the Caraway Garlic Dill Pickles.
2. Crisp the vegan bacon in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Cook the Vegan Gourmet Burger on HOB. Preheat pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil, fry over a medium heat, turn frequently for approximately 12 minutes or until cooked.
4. Aioli – combine kewpi no egg mayo and garlic toum.
5. Mustard ketchup – combine tomato ketchup and American mustard.
6. Cut the semi brioche bun in half and grill on the insides only.
7. Build the burger in the order detailed above.
Quorn is a commercial partner of Rescu
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.