If you’re a lover of sausage rolls then this vegan take by Founder of Plant Proof, Simon Hill will definitely be a life changer to any gathering you are hosting or attending. Everyone will be asking for your secret to this delicious popular party finger food.
2 plant-based burger patties
1 onion finely diced
2 cloves garlic crushed
½ tsp cumin optional
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
dash of water if required
1 sheet vegan puff pasty (it might be tricky to find a specifically vegan puff pastry, but a lot of the major ones are actually naturally vegan as they use margarine instead of butter! Be sure to check the ingredients list)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil (or use a non-stick pan if you want these oil-free!)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C
2. In a large mixing bowl mash up the two burger patties until you achieve a paste-like consistency, you can add a dash of water if required.
3. Heat a small frypan with olive oil, add onions until soft and add garlic. Once soft and translucent take them off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. Once the onions and garlic have cooled add them to your mince and stir until the mixture is all combined.
5. Add panko crumbs, cumin (optional) and salt and pepper.
6. Cut your pastry sheet in half and place half of the mince mixture along the centre of the pastry.
7. Brush the edge of the dough with a tad of olive oil and roll and seal the pastry and brush the entire thing with olive oil again.
8. Repeat the process with the remaining mix
9. Place on a lined baking tray and bake until pastry is golden and flakey.
Serve with your favourite condiment!
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.