Sticky and sweet (and surprisingly healthy), this mouthwatering Vietnamese Chicken recipe is a keeper. Whether you’re preparing a simple dinner for one or feeding the masses, this delicious dish from Dietlicious is a must-try; and with only fifteen minutes of roasting time, it’s a recipe you’ll turn to again and again.
Vietnamese Chicken Recipe
1 tsp dark brown sugar (unrefined) or your choice of rice malt or maple syrup
1 T sesame oil
3 T olive oil
Juice of 1 medium size lemon
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp allspice
3 medium cloves of finely chopped garlic
15 gm fresh ginger, finely grated
15 gm lemongrass, chopped
1 or 2 fresh thai chilis (to your taste!), halved
2 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts (180 gm each approx.)
½ bunch coarsely chopped cilantro
½ bunch coarsely chopped mint
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius
2. In a mortar and pestle, combine all of the above ingredients.
3. Score the chicken breasts lightly and rub in the marinade.
5. Place the chicken breasts in a roasting tray and into the hot oven for 15 minutes.
6. Take out chicken, letting it rest for 10 minutes then serve with your choice of sides.
feature image via pinterest