If you are looking for a healthy alternative to everyone’s favourite Sunday breakfast – look no further. This delicious pancakes recipe will have you going back for thirds! From one of our favourite nutritionists and chefs, Zoe Bingley-Pullin, star of Good Chef, Bad Chef and creator of the online food program and new cookbook Falling In Love With Food.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 5-7 minutes
1 cup spelt self-raising flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 medium egg
150ml full cream milk, or coconut/rice/almond milk
1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil, for frying
2-3 tablespoons almond nut butter
1 banana, sliced
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
2. In a hot oven-proof pan, heat the coconut oil, add the bananas and the maple syrup.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour and cinnamon. Add the nut butter, egg and milk and whisk until you have a smooth pouring consistency.
4. Pour the batter into the centre of the pan, over the caramelised bananas and swirl it to the sides of the pan in a thin layer
5. Place the pan into the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Flip the pancake onto a large plate and serve with raspberries
Tip: Good quality almond butter is made from 100% almonds; almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E, calcium and magnesium making them one of my favourite dietary staples!
Recipe from the cookbook Falling In Love With Food (RRP $34.95)
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.