Have a little extra time in the morning and want to treat yourself to something tasty. Plant Proof Founder, Simon Hill shares his delicious chia protein pancakes and you can be sure you’ll be starting your day the right way.
Serves: 1 (Makes 4-5 pancakes)
1 cup spelt flour
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp/0.5 fl oz/9ml maple syrup
1 tbsp/0.3oz peanut butter
1. Begin by making the chia egg. Mix the chia seeds, apple cider, almond milk and the vanilla extract in a bowl,
2. In a separate bowl add the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Next, combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix gently until combined, making sure you don’t overmix it. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes (this step is essential for you to make fluffy and thick pancakes!).
4. Warm a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add ⅓ of the batter to the pan, lower the heat of the pan and wait until little bubbles have formed before flipping. Cook on both sides for 3 minutes. Repeat for the other pancakes.
5. Once cooked, garnish with maple syrup, banana and peanut butter and serve!