Granola is a treat on its own, so when raspberries and chocolate are added into the mix, all of our breakfast food goals come together perfectly.
Whether it’s an energising breakfast pick or a late-night treat, Elise Barber’s Chocolate Raspberry Granola recipe from her book Homemade Granola, will satisfy all your sweet tooth and hunger cravings in one go – you can also make it as naughty (add more chocolate) or nice (add more raspberries) as you like.
Image via: Pinterest
Makes 3 ½ – 4 cups
1 quantity Basic dry granola mix of your choice
3 tablespoons oil
3¾ oz (110 g) fresh or frozen raspberries, mashed
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon natural vanilla essence (extract)
¼ teaspoon salt
1½ oz (45 g) chocolate chips
1½ oz (45 g) dried raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Add the dry granola mix to a bowl and set aside.
3. Place the mashed raspberries, oil, liquid sweetener, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, for about 1 minute.
4. Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to fold together until evenly coated throughout.
5. Pour the mixture evenly onto the prepared baking tray, taking care that the layer is not too thin around the edges.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes, or until the granola is crisp and browned. Check often to prevent burning.
7. Remove the granola from the oven. Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the tray. Stir in the chocolate chips and dried raspberries. Allow to cool completely before breaking into chunks and storing in an airtight container.
Note: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. You can also freeze the mixture for up to 3 months.
Chocolate strawberry granola
Replace the mashed raspberries with mashed strawberries, and the dried raspberries with dried strawberries.
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.