Winter is in full force, and nothing feels more warming than an evening wrapped up indoors with loved ones, sharing a comforting home cooked meal. We’ve sought out the most delicious one-pot moroccan lamb recipe to give you just that. The best part? It’s easy and quick to put together, meaning you won’t be sacrificing your evening in the kitchen.
Read below the One-Pot Moroccan Lamb Recipe by IsoWhey and tuck into a delicious meal this weekend.
200g lamb fillet or backstrap, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ripe Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 cup water
5 prunes, pitted and chopped
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons flaked blanched almonds
1. Heat olive oil in a medium-sized, heavy-based saucepan and sauté the meat until lightly browned. Remove lamb from the pan.
2. Add in onion, cumin, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and tomatoes. Stir to mix all the flavours together.
3. Add in the water and reduce the heat to simmer for 20 minutes or until the mix becomes a thick stew.
4. Return lamb back to the pan and add in prunes and honey. Cook for a further 10 minutes to let the flavours mingle.
5. Sprinkle with coriander, parsley and almonds. Serve with steamed mixed vegetables.
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.