Never has there ever been a better time to up your cocktail-making game. We’re isolated at home, we miss our Friday night cocktail with the girls, and we’ve got more than enough time on our hands.
This Passionfruit Gin Spritz recipe is the perfect first step on the way to master mixologist. It’s simple, doesn’t require too many ingredients, and will bring the summer vibes into your isolation zone.
Passionfruit Gin Spritz Recipe
- pulp from 2 fresh passionfruit – choose plump and smooth fruit that’s heavy for its size in store – it will have more pulp inside!
- 60 ml gin
- 200 ml Prosecco
- Sparkling water
- lemon peel twist, to garnish
– Fill two large glasses with ice. Combine passionfruit pulp and gin in a small jug and stir well.
– Divide gin mixture between glasses. Pour over Prosecco, top up with sparking water, and garnish with a lemon twist.
– For a lighter cocktail, substitute a portion of the Prosecco with extra sparkling water. For a sweeter cocktail, add a teaspoon of honey or sugar syrup to the passionfruit and gin.
– If gin is not on hand, you can use another clear spirit of your choice, such as vodka or pisco.
– Passionfruit is best kept in a bag in the fridge. They will last up to a month!
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.