Effortless and elegant guide to embracing your femininity this season with this classic hairstyle, created by Lauren McCowan for C/MEO Collective during fashion week.
The classic messy ballet bun is making a comeback in 2021, and it’s the perfect way of showing off your feminine side, with style and grace.
“We wanted the hair look to emphasise the playful and feline nature of the collection. This look is effortless, easy and internationally appropriate,” McCowan says.
Follow Lauren’s steps to re-create this look:
1. Apply Blow Out Spray from roots to ends.
(Lauren recommends: Evo Mister Fantastic Blow Out Spray)
2. Brush the front hairline away from the face.
(Lauren recommends: Use a Paddle Brush)
3. Using your hands, create a ponytail in line with the top of the ears and secure with bobby pins.
4. Split ponytail in two and twist up in a tight coiled bun.
5. Pin in to secure, leaving the ends to hang out in sections.
6. Place ends in uneven positions and set with hairspray, apply hair styling powder for texture.
7. Dust hair styling powder onto the roots and tough up hair with hands. Use hairspray to hold texture.
(Lauren recommends: Evo Hair Haze Styling Powder)
8. Brush forward fly-aways at the front hairline and set onto the skin with hairspray to finish.
feature image via pinterest